My Action Plan for Procrastination (MAPP) is a video tutorial series for online learners on overcoming procrastination. The strategies, pro tips, and brain boosters in each video tutorial are grounded in evidence-based science on how the brain learns and remembers.
MAPP 1: Get Started (5 min. video): Learn how a product-focused mindset leads to procrastination and about the key strategies and brain boosters that can help you overcome it and get started!
- Next Step: Make a Strategic Plan (1 min. video): Learn how to plan for learning to maximize your time and get started.
- Next Step: Minimize Distractions (1 min. video): Learn how to plan for learning by creating a space that is conducive for focusing and getting started.
MAPP 2: Stay Focused (6 min.): Learn how procrastination keeps you from focusing and about the key strategies and brain boosters that can help you overcome it.
- Next Step: Pomodoro Technique (1 min.): Learn how to use the Pomodoro Technique to improve your focus and reduce stress.
- Next Step: Maintain a Learning Mindset (1 min.): Learn how to shift your mindset to stay focused on learning.
- Next Step: Interleaving Tasks (1 min.): Learn how to interleave tasks to keep your focus when you have multiple assignments or tasks to complete.
MAPP 3: Keep Learning (5 min.): Learn how procrastination hinders your ability to recall and retain your learning and about the chunking strategy and brain boosters that can help you overcome it.
- Next Step: Chunking Reading for Recall (1 min.): Learn strategies for chunking a long text in order to make connections, so the reading sticks with you.
- Next Step: Improve Note Taking with Graphic Organizers (1 min.): Learn strategies for rewriting notes using graphic organizers to improve comprehension and recall.
TIME MANAGEMENT CALCULATOR
Use the Time Management Calculator to determine how much time you need and have for learning then use My Action Plan for Procrastination (MAPP) to get started, stay focused, and keep learning!