Conference Opportunities Galore!
When the student is ready, the master appears. ~Buddhist Proverb
Hello, readers! I know that September is a busy, back-to-school month for many of us. However, nothing motivates and inspires me more (beyond teaching and tutoring students, of course) than meeting up with other scholars and writing center practitioners. Whatever your discipline, it’s so helpful to share and learn best practices, hear what others are doing in the field, and to continue to develop and grow as a professional.
Here’s a list of some upcoming professional development opportunities and calls for conference proposals (also, please add other forthcoming conferences in the comments section below!):
- Push to Publish 2011: Strategies and Techniques to Get Your Work in Print and Online (The conference takes place in Rosemont, Pennsylvania on October 15, 2001) Special thanks to Amy Sexton for passing along this opportunity, too. Thanks, Amy!
- 2012 International Writing Centers Association Collaborative @ the Conference on College Composition and Communication, Saint Louis, Missouri – (CFP due October 17, 2011)
- 2012 Southeastern Writing Centers Association Annual Conference, Richmond, Kentucky – (CFP due October 21, 2011)
- 2012 Computers and Writing Conference, Raleigh, North Carolina – (CFP due October 22, 2011) Thanks to Melody Pickle for sharing this opportunity during today’s WAC meeting, too.
- The 11th Annual International Writing Across the Curriculum Conference 2012, Savannah, Georgia – (CFP due November 1, 2011)
- I discovered this awesome CFP site at the University of Pennsylvania while reading The Chronicle of Higher Education last week: http://call-for-papers.sas.upenn.edu/
So, what are your professional development goals for the end of the year? Any books, conferences, or papers you’re looking forward to? Please share in the comments section. We’d love to hear what you’re up to!